The Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle.net gaming clan. All battle.net games played.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Diablo II Ironman Tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fea(R)

Fea(R)

Diablo II Ironman Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Diablo II Ironman Tournament   Diablo II Ironman Tournament EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Diablo II IronMan Tournament

The host of the tournament will create a game on Hardcore difficulty and everyone else participating will join it. All players in the Tournament must start with a brand-new character with no out-of-game items. Slots are limited, so it will be a 'first come first serve' thing for a spot in the game. All participating players will proceed to party up (if they wish to explore as a group) and level to a predetermined duel-able level (Level nine [9] for now, and maybe try twelve [12] later on).

Once a player reaches the predetermined level, they are to portal back to town and wait until everyone else. Of course, there will be a time limit on the leveling part of the tournament (One hour and thirty minutes [1:30:00] for the first one). Once the other contestants are back in town and healed up, they will then hostile one another and proceed to carry out a Free For All duel. Last man standing wins the tournament.

Rules

1) To rule out any potential cheating by pots, they will be allowed. Hence, if you run out of pots, then you will be at a disadvantage to those who have their own. Therefore, stack up on pots before the duel. Please refrain from filling your inventory, because that would be a retard move.

2) All skills that are level nine (9) and lower are fair game.
*Games with a higher level maximum will have this limit set pending on said limit.

3) If you are hostiled by another player before the Free For All, the offending participant will automatically be disqualified (provided that there is visual proof), so don't jump the gun on a Tournament you are not running.

4) If you get disconnected from the game, or 'glitched' and get trapped in a situation that you are sure to die in because of that glitch, you are allowed to leave and rejoin the game. You can only do it once, so if it happens a second time, you are pretty much screwed.

Comments appreciated. I really want to get these tournaments going.

~ Updated for time limit and clearing up the 'Party' question.

Last edited by Fea(R) on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bnetweb.org/
Misery(R)

PostSubject: Re: Diablo II Ironman Tournament   Diablo II Ironman Tournament EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:49 pm

One question and one comment.

What are the rules as far as partying up? Are you allowed to do it at all? Do you have to accept if someone invites you?

My comment is about portaling to town at level 9. My issue with this is people can go at their own pace making sure they dont miss one little thing and run back to sell and collect maximum gold. They can do a million little things all just wasting time and they end result is still a level 9 vs other level 9s. I usually run it per time limit. Say maybe once you start, it ends in two hours or whatever limit you set. When time is up, everyone towns and then the fight begins. This way you can spend your time however you wish be it leveling or item finding or doing certain quests that you feel are more important. This brings more balance and more reward to those with more skill. You might find a lvl 9 up against a lvl 12 but the 9 might be much better geared and that could mean all the difference. This is just my opinion though, your way to do it is still fair.
Back to top Go down
Fea(R)

Fea(R)

PostSubject: Re: Diablo II Ironman Tournament   Diablo II Ironman Tournament EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:55 pm

People often go for spellcasters when it comes to allowing them to go past level 9 the first time, due to some kick-ass spells that you can link together to make a powerful punch (druid fissure ftw). I'd still stick with the level limit, but yeah there definitely would be a time limit too. I forgot to mention that :3

And partying was already semi-mentioned in the rules:
Fea(R) wrote:
All participating players will proceed to party up (if they wish to explore as a group) and level to a predetermined duel-able level (Level nine [9] for now, and maybe try twelve [12] later on).
You can party if you want to, and it is suggested (considering the sharing XP), but it is ultimately up to you.

~Updated original post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bnetweb.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo II Ironman Tournament   Diablo II Ironman Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Diablo II Ironman Tournament
Page 1 of 1