The Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle.net gaming clan. All battle.net games played.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Website Sectors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasza

Rasza

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:18 am

ATTENTION:Topic Moved, Edited and Closed to be viewable by all members

I've been tossing this idea around the channel for the last few days i'm thinking we might be able to make something quite decent out of it, considering all the new D2 interest we've been getting; This could also apply very easily for SC2 which is soon to be released;

Segment the clan website into Game and servers, we have the conglomerate which is the Forum which should now become a necessity to sign up for so we are freely able to make two or three entirely separate additions to the clan, Clan Republic D2 and Clan Republic Sc2 in which if you play/own the game, you sign up for that particular part of the website, the idea could also be used to enable different ranks to be coined (For example "Slayer" for D2) Enabling people to be more involved in their particular game to the clan. Of course this will require manpower and time. But we don't have long till Iddy-Biddy Sc2 comes along and steals the limelight from the clan. We need SOMETHING to keep the majority of the population of players that are going to be moving forth on Sc2 to remain a Prudent member of the clan.
Speaking for myself here, i know as a fact that once Sc2 is out, i wont -Period- Be on Sc Original again, but at the same time... I don't Want to leave the friends Nor memories i've made here.

Now i know this idea is in its infantile stages, and it needs work so that, that is why i need everyone help!!!

Last edited by Rasza on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/raszagul
60apm(R)

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:28 pm

-irrelevant now with edited post-

Last edited by 60apm(R) on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rasza

Rasza

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Misery(R) wrote:
Midnight, I believe rasza is talking more about creating structure on the website for each game client more so than the forums. Its a good idea, if we had the means to make it happen. Also you run the risk of possibly splitting the clan too much or too obviously, so you need to be careful of that. If we had someone that could do the coding though, Id be with rasza on this one.

That's exactly what i was trying to say, thankyou Misery

The way i intend it is, You are a member of the clan, you have your rank. But you also have the sub-Divisions of the games you play, So on the website if you have D2 and Only d2, it will be where you get all of your information from, whereas if you have SC and D2, You will have all of your Primary Information come from the Original SC side, but you ALSO get things from whoever is running the D2 side. There won't be a mix of information, because they are entirely separate sides to the clan, Different Tourneys, (Different Channel?) (have to have the same channel to Maintain Balance) But all Governed under the one "Clan Rep" and the same Executives President, VP

The ONLY concern i have is that it would be easy to Usurp power (like what has happened in the past with John) so only really really trusted people could be used to set up such fragments. It's a Gamble but with so much of our market soon to be swept in the immediate beauty of -Shines- Sc2 This clan could be facing our biggest hurdle. (I'm only using D2 as an example in these posts by the way)
I would hate to come back on these forums in 4 weeks time with a ghost white face saying I-Told-You-So but With a new game like Sc2, It's Really really easy to recruit people... I know there are no clan functions but it doesn't stop you from going, "Hey guys that was fun. If you play Sc Original at all i have a clan based on usEast, you should come check out our website and Forum"

There's gotta be something that we can do.
Back to top Go down
Rasza

Rasza

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Palaris says (9:27 AM):
a chat thing? if we was to do that might as well use the forums or turn on the forum live chat
Ali says (9:27 AM):
Yeah true
why don't you add a live-chat to the forums?
Palaris says (9:28 AM):
well forums have one its just turned off atm
Ali says (9:28 AM):
oh ok
well that could be our answer?
Palaris says (9:31 AM):
hmm
not a bad idea for now
although we will need something more permanent later on

We recruit, and direct them to live chat on our Forums. If your Online on sc2, you leave your browser open with Live Chat so you can know who's on, what they're playing etc etc etc

That, for now is what are are going with. We will post a Vote on which program you want to use After this is set up, to be used as our primary Sc2 Chat feature until Sc2 is able to host Clan Channels.
Back to top Go down
60apm(R)

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 pm

-irrelevant now with edited post-

Last edited by 60apm(R) on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misery(R)

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:05 pm

These are some good ideas. I really like the use of the live chat on the forums because it directly integrates new sc2 players into the fullness of our clan. If we get a separate irc, you have just one more thing that people have to log into and sign up for and such. Its just easier in my opinion to use the forums as home base for now. One thing is for sure though, we do need to come up with a solution on how we plan to keep new and old bnet connected. I for one will not be on sc2 for some time, if at all because it involves me getting a new computer which I don't have the money for.
Back to top Go down
Misery(R)

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 pm

...I'll explain to you in fullness rasza's proposed idea. The rank changes he is suggesting merely visualize the structure that would be put into place. Its a much deeper change than just splitting up rank titles. I have seen this done before very successfully with clan Overdosed(OD). They actually went as far as creating separate channels for each game client (ex Clan ODD2, ODSC, ODW3) with a home base at "Clan OD". Back a few years around '04-'07 they were consistently over 250+members. This is a solid idea even without sc2 coming out soon but even a better one now.

Last edited by Rasza on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [Fragments deleted])
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Website Sectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Sectors   Website Sectors Empty

Back to top Go down

Website Sectors
Page 1 of 1